Site-Four values your privacy. Although we gather some information from all visits our website (as do almost all commercial Web sites), we do not gather any information that is intended to identify you personally (“personally identifiable information”), unless that information is submitted to us through an on-line form or by e-mail. In an effort to fully disclose the nature and use of any information that we do gather, we have prepared the following statement in accordance with the FTC’s guidelines for privacy disclosure.
Notice of Information We Might Gather
For site management purpose, we collect data for statistical purposes. Our computer software programs create summary statistics, which we use to assess what information is of most and least interest, determine technical design specifications, and identify system performance or problem areas. We do not collect any personally indefinable information, such as your name or address, during this process. We collect no personal information unless you take affirmative steps to submit that information through an on-line form or e-mail.
Specifically, we automatically collect only the following information when you visit our site:
- The Internet domain (for example, “xcompany.com” if you use a private Internet access account, or “yourschool.edu” if you connect from a university’s domain) and IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web) from which you access our web site.
- The date and time you access our site.
- The pages you visit and the result of the request, such as an image or query.
- Other status codes and values resulting from the Web server responding to the request received: HTTP status code, Windows NT code, number of bytes sent, number of bytes received, duration (in seconds) to fulfill the request, server port number addressed, and protocol version.
- It is important to note that Site-Four does not use “cookies.” (A “cookie” is a file placed on your hard drive by a Web site that allows the site to monitor your visit, usually without your knowledge.)
You Choose Whether We Know Who You Are
You control whether we collect any personal information by choosing whether to send us an e-mail or fill out an on-line form. We do not correlate the personal information that you send us with the information that we automatically gather (listed previously), and we do not create or maintain personal profiles based on any personal information that you submit. We might use the personal information that you submit to respond to your questions or comments. Furthermore, we might store your request for future reference as we seek to improve our Web site, and we might forward your e-mail to someone who is better able to respond to your request. We do not authorize, without your consent, release of any personal information that you submit to any third-party, unless required to do so by law.
Access to Personal Information
Because we do not generally gather or store personal information regarding who visits our site, we do not have a way for you to access the information that we do gather, nor do we authorize third-parties to access that information. Furthermore, we do not have a method by which you can view any personal information that you might have submitted through e-mail or an on-line form.
Security of the Information that We Do Gather
The information that we gather is stored on a private network which is protected by firewalls. Again, we do not knowingly supply any information to any outside party unless required to do so by law.
To the extent that our site contains links to other sites, affiliated or otherwise, you should not assume that this privacy statement applies to those other sites. This privacy statement applies only to information stored at this Site-Four’s Web site.